The Superior Court is exempt from the provisions of the Public Records Act, rather, we are governed by California Rule of Court 10.500, Public Access to Judicial Administrative Records.  Those making requests for records other than adjudicative records (case file information) must submit a request in writing.  The information regarding the submission of requests can be found on the Court's website under About the Court, General Information, Public Notice and Inquiries, Public Inquiry, Court Records - second section entitled: 

Court Administrative Records Other than Case File and Adjudicative Records

Subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with special needs, requests to inspect or copy the court's administrative records other than case information must be made in writing by mail or delivery. Email and facsimile requests are not accepted.

The written request must identify the requestor and provide a mailing address to which the requested records may be sent. A telephone number should be provided to facilitate questions and to provide assistance in making a focused and effective request that reasonably describes an identifiable administrative record.

There is currently a copying fee of $0.10 per page, which must be paid in advance.

In addition, depending upon the request, there may be a charge for other direct costs of duplication or production including, but not limited to, the costs incurred in retrieving requested records from a remote storage facility or archive and the costs of mailing responsive records. See California Rule of Court 10.500(e)(4)(B)(ii).

Requests from Commercial users, other than representatives of the news media, for a purpose that furthers the commercial, trade, or profit interests of the requester or the person on whose behalf the request is being made may also be charged a fee to recover the actual costs of staff search and review time, based upon an hourly rate for salary and benefits of each employee involved. California Rule of Court 10.500(e)(4)(C).

Requests to inspect or copy the court's administrative records should be submitted in writing by mail or delivery to:
Administrative Records Request
c/o Central Civil Operations Administration
Room 109, Stanley Mosk Courthouse
111 N. Hill St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012

The Central Civil Operations-Administration Office to whom the requests must be mailed or delivered is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except legal court holidays