Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How can I pay?

You are the judgment debtor if you lost the case. The judgment becomes final 30 days after you receive the Notice of Entry of Judgment (SC-130) or the date it is mailed. If you have not filed a Notice of Appeal (SC-140) or Notice of Motion to Vacate Judgment (SC-135) you must pay the judgment.

Complete a Judgment Debtor’s Statement of Assets (SC-133) if you do not pay the judgment against you within 30 days. You will receive this form with the Notice of Entry of Judgment (SC-130). You are required to provide information about your income and assets which are used in collecting the money you owe. You can be brought back into court when the judgment creditor completes and files an Application and Order to Produce Statement of Assets and to Appear for Examination (SC-134) if you do not supply this information. You will then have to submit the Judgment Debtor’s Statement of Assets (SC-133) to the court.

To pay a judgment:

You can request: You will:
Payment to the court Complete a Request to Pay Judgment to Court (SC-145) and submit it with the total judgment amount. You may want to pay through the court if you:
  • Do not want to deal with the plaintiff
  • Cannot find the plaintiff
  • Want to end the claim immediately
The Small Claims clerk completes and files an Acknowledgement of Satisfaction of Judgment (EJ-100). There is a fee for this service.
A motion for time payments Ask the court for permission to pay the judgment in payments. Ask the plaintiff if he/she is willing to accept payments. If you and the plaintiff cannot agree on a payment plan you will need to file a:
  • Request to Pay Judgment in Installments (SC-106)
  • Financial Statement (EJ-165)
Copies of these forms are sent to the plaintiff by the court. A hearing may be held to determine if the payment terms are acceptable.

For the forms listed above and for a complete list of Judicial Council Small Claims forms, go to the California Courts website.

More Small Claims Q&A Topics
Small Claims Basics
Thinking about Filing a Small Claims case?
Filing my case
Serving Notice of my case to the defendant
Responding to a Small Claims case as a defendant
Appearing in Court
Your Day in Court
Collecting a Judgment
Paying a Judgment
Art Showcased in
Los Angeles Courthouse Jury Rooms
"Le Tribunal De L’Avenir" by Patrick Treanor
2004 – Best in Show

National Arts Program - Logo

Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles