Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Can I bring witnesses to court?
You may have witnesses in court if they can support your claim. If you have witnesses who are unable to appear you can have them write and sign a statement or declaration. The statement should include the following items in order:
  • The witness’ statement of the facts which should end with "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of California that the above is true and correct."
  • The witness’ signature
  • The date the statement was written
  • The witness’ address and phone number

You can have a subpoena issued for your witnesses to order them to appear in court. The Small Claims Court can issue a Small Claims Subpoena for Personal Appearance and Production of Documents and Things at Trial or Hearing and Declaration (SC-107). A subpoena can be used to provide proof that a person is needed to testify and help him/her get permission to be absent from work. You may be required to pay witness fees. Forcing someone to testify for you may cause him/her to speak against your claim.

For the forms listed above and for a complete list of Judicial Council Small Claims forms, go to the California Courts website.

More Small Claims Q&A Topics
Small Claims Basics
Thinking about Filing a Small Claims case?
Filing my case
Serving Notice of my case to the defendant
Responding to a Small Claims case as a defendant
Appearing in Court
Your Day in Court
Collecting a Judgment
Paying a Judgment
Art Showcased in
Los Angeles Courthouse Jury Rooms
"Dancing Puppets" by Nancy Artis
2005 – 3rd Place Professional

National Arts Program - Logo

Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles