Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How do I respond to an "Order to Go to Court"?

If you have received a true copy of the Plaintiff’s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court (SC-100) that names you as a defendant you are being sued in Small Claims Court. You will want to read the true copy carefully for this information:

  • Why you are being sued
  • The plaintiff's name
  • The plaintiff’s address
  • Date you need to appear
  • Time you need to appear
  • Court location where you need to appear

  • Important
  • You should never ignore an order to appear in court even if you believe it is a mistake or unfair.

The judge may decide the case and issue a default judgment without hearing your side of the dispute if you do not appear. If you have a judgment issued against you then you will have to pay it. You can be forced to give up the following to pay the judgment:

  • Your Money
  • Your Property
  • Some of your future earnings

Your credit record may be updated to show that a judgment has been entered against you. Do not ignore an order to appear to keep this from happening.

More Small Claims Q&A Topics
Small Claims Basics
Thinking about Filing a Small Claims case?
Filing my case
Serving Notice of my case to the defendant
Responding to a Small Claims case as a defendant
Appearing in Court
Your Day in Court
Collecting a Judgment
Paying a Judgment
Art Showcased in
Los Angeles Courthouse Jury Rooms
"A Man’s Work" by Pebbla Wallace
2004 – 3rd Place Amateur

National Arts Program - Logo

Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles