Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How Do I Reopen My Case?
Your attempt to "reopen" a case depends on how and why it was closed.
  • If it was closed because your parental rights were terminated, there is no way to reopen the case.
  • If it was closed because someone was appointed legal guardian of your child, your circumstances have changed and you would like to try to regain custody of your child, then you may fill out a WIC 388 petition. The petitions are available in the Clerk's Office on the second floor of the Children's Court.
If you would like to reopen it because you believe the child is suffering abuse or neglect, you immediately should call the Child Abuse Hotline at 800-540-4000.
Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles