Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Can I Get A Judge Instead Of A Commissioner Or Referee To Hear My Case?
You do not have an automatic right to have your case heard by a judge. All cases are assigned to judicial officers on a random basis based on geographic area of residence. However, if your case is being heard by a commissioner or a referee and you disagree with a particular order he or she makes, you or your attorney may file an Application for Rehearing in the Clerk's Office for a judge to rehear the issue. A judge will decide whether to grant the rehearing. If the Application for Rehearing is granted, another randomly selected judge will hear the evidence on the issue you dispute and that judge will decide the issue. After the judge rehears the issue you dispute, your case will return to the same referee or commissioner for all future hearings.
Judicial Officer Questions
Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles