Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How Do I Get A Different Judicial Officer To Hear My Case?
The only way to have a different judicial officer assigned to your case after he or she has conducted a hearing is to file a motion with the court on the grounds that your judicial officer has an actual bias in your case. Specific examples of actual bias are the judicial officer:
  • Is related as family to one of the attorneys or parties in the case
  • Has personal knowledge about the case from outside the courtroom
  • Has a personal financial interest in the case
The judicial officer cannot be removed because you think he or she dislikes:
  • you
  • Your attorney
  • Any other party to the proceeding
You must present specific evidence of actual bias. If you disagree with any orders made by the judicial officer, you should discuss with your attorney whether there are grounds for a motion to remove the judicial officer or to seek a rehearing or review by the Court of Appeal.
Judicial Officer Questions
Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles