Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How Can I Obtain a Court-appointed Attorney Before the Next Hearing?
If the next court hearing is not in the near future, you may request an attorney in writing and submit it to the judicial officer on the case. Be sure to include:
  • Your name
  • The name of the child or children
  • The next court date
  • Your relation to the child
  • How you may be reached
  • Case number, if you have it
You should explain why you would like an attorney and why you do not want to wait until the next scheduled court date. You either may deliver the letter to the bailiff in the courtroom where the case is heard or send it to the court addressed to the judicial officer. The court's address is:

Edelman Children's Court
201 Centre Plaza Drive, Dept.___
Monterey Park, CA 91754- 2198
Attn: Name of Judge

The judicial officer will decide if you are entitled to have an attorney appointed. If you are entitled, the judicial officer may appoint an attorney even without your appearing in court. The attorney will then contact you.
Attorney Questions
Art Showcased in
Los Angeles Courthouse Jury Rooms
"Dancing Puppets" by Nancy Artis
2005 – 3rd Place Professional

National Arts Program - Logo

Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles