Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How Can I Obtain A Court-appointed Attorney?
In order to request that an attorney represent you in Dependency Court, you should appear in court on the date of the next scheduled hearing and orally request an attorney. Be sure to arrive at the courtroom where the case will be heard at 8:30 a.m. and check in with the bailiff (Sheriff). If you do not know the courtroom where the case will be heard, the receptionist on the first floor lobby can assist you with locating the courtroom on the day of the hearing. When you enter the courtroom, notify the bailiff of your presence, your relation to the child and that you would like an attorney appointed on your behalf. If the judicial officer conducts a "calendar call" in the morning, you also may direct your request to the judicial officer when he or she calls the case.
Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles