Español   |  Tiếng Việt   |  한국어   |  中文   |  հայերեն

The official language used for the content of the Los Angeles Superior Court public website is English. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website's original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language.

The Los Angeles Superior Court does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by Google™ Translate or any other translation system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or some portable document formats (pdfs).

Please be aware that when a translation is requested, you will be leaving the Los Angeles Superior Court website. The Los Angeles Superior Court does not endorse the use of Google™ Translate. Other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entity that relies on information obtained from any translation system does so at their own risk. When a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors or other problems encountered. The Los Angeles Superior Court is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using Google™ Translate or any other translation system.

If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please click the following link: Google™ Translate FAQs.

What Needs To Be Done When The Judgment Debtor Makes Payment?

An Acknowledgement of Satisfaction of Judgment (EJ-100) form should be filed with the Court Clerk’s office after any type of payment is made. There are types of payments:

Partial Satisfaction of Judgment

It is important for the Court files to be current when accounting for the payment of judgments since post judgment orders, such as writs of enforcement, are entered for outstanding balances. Upon payment of any portion of a judgment, a Partial Satisfaction of Judgment must be filed with the Court.

Full Satisfaction

It is required by law that the creditor must file a Full Satisfaction of Judgment form with the Court upon full payment of a judgment. If this form is not filed, liens cannot be removed from a debtor's property and credit-reporting agencies will continue to report outstanding judgment. The judgment creditor may be sanctioned for failing to acknowledge satisfaction of the judgment if the judgment debtor is harmed as a result.

Copyright 2014 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles